Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Vest

I was looking for a vest pattern for my boys who LOVE vests and found this great vertical stripe! http://www.afghansforafghans.org/vestforafghanchildren.html
The sizing was a bit unclear, so I made the large figuring that it would either fit my four year old, or my seven year old. It looks like it will fit my four year old, with growing room.  I was worried that just one size up wouldn't be large enough for my seven year old, so I switched from size 7 needles to size 9. It was HUGE! It *almost fit my husband, who is 6 ft and average build. One more reason to love wool- I felted it!

The details- followed the pattern, except that I did random stripes on the size large and matched the stripes on the extra large. I used several colors instead of just the recommended two. There is some puckering on the increases, not sure how to correct that for next time. I also added a garter stitch border for five rows, including button holes (yo, k2tog). All in all, it's a great pattern! My husband is now asking for one of his own.

The size large (~ child size 6)




The size extra large, after felting, hopefully a child size 8 The green is the same green in the hat and cowel below. I think they'll all look great together!

No comments: