Thursday, December 13, 2012

Borough Mittens

I made my husband these awesome mittens for one of his Yule gifts. I realized, after I weaved in the ends, that they were inside out! Honestly though, I think they'll match the hat I'm making better this way (it has a similar rib pattern). The mitten part folds back and buttons down so you can either have them full mittens, or fingerless (for working). Here's a pic before I've attached the buttons. I have some antique compass buttons that will look great, but I left them in the car after raiding my mother's bin. The pic isn't so great (lighting is poor in my house and I live in Oregon, which means that there's no lighting outside for 8 more months), but they're a slate blue. I also still need to add some buttons.

The pattern was easy to follow, quick to knit, and they look really great. I didn't make any adjustments to the pattern. I'm thinking of making some for myself! Here's the pattern: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwbis11/PATTborough.php

No comments: