My first pair of shorties. I didn't use a pattern, just knitted them in the round with a k2p1 ribbing at the top, then I just guessed (baby wasn't here yet) as to length and width (I used 80 stitches per round for a newborn, but it was chunky wool), I didn't even make a gusset (didn't knw how at the time), and did a k2p1 ribbing for the legs. I made these without short rows, I will for now and forever put short rows in all of my diaper covers/pants/shorts. They just fit so much better. I do have a hard time with them though. Sometimes they come out perfect and other times I have little holes I have to sew up and I swear that I do it the same each time! Can't figure it out, I guess it's just beginner's errors that someday I'll look back on and laugh about ;-) Anyway, with all the drawbacks (no gusset or short rows) they fit surprisingly well.