Friday, December 10, 2010

Felt Watches

I made my boys some felt watches.



Step 1: I cut out a piece of felt that was about 3 inches wide and their wrist measurement plus 2 inches.

Step 2: Cut out a piece of a contrasting color of felt that is two inches less in width and about 3 inches less in length.

Step 3: In a third color of felt, cut out a much smaller piece to act as the watch face.

Step 4: Embroider on that piece, stitching a "time."

Step 5: Attach it to the middle sized piece with a running stitch in a contrasting color of embroidery thread.

Step 6: Attached two small pieces of velcro (sew on kind) to the largest piece. Remember to sew one piece on the front side, and one of the reverse and back side.

Step 7: Sew on the middle sized piece to the largest piece and voila!

I'm sure there are a ton of better ways I coulda done this, but this worked and I think my boys will love them! Also, both took me about a half hour to complete. I love instant gratification!!!

No comments: