Thursday, November 29, 2012

Soap Sweaters

In addition to making some melt and pour soap, I made some little sweaters to go along with them. They were super quick to knit up and came out really cute! For those of you who are like my husband, these actually serve a purpose. They're like a washcloth with the soap inside. When you have all of those little chuncks of soap left, just stick them in the bag and no more waste! I modeled them after the following pattern, but I added a chained strap so they could hang in the shower to avoid muckiness. Also, instead of using a button I sewed in a snap on the inside. My husband was worried about folks washing their hoo-has with buttons. Very thoughtful of him ;-) The best part about this pattern is after doing one or two, you can really play around with different cables and other interesting stitches.
http://lookwhatnicolemade.blogspot.com/2009/11/bamboo-soap-sweaters.html

No comments: